Get Rid Of The Cockroaches In Your New Braunfels Home For Good
February 20, 2022
If you are a New Braunfels resident, these are the types of cockroaches you might encounter: American cockroaches, brown-banded cockroaches, German cockroaches, Oriental cockroaches, and smokey brown cockroaches.
Each of these different types of cockroaches can cause problems in your home, but you can keep this from happening by knowing the cockroach facts that will keep you safe.
Are These Cockroaches In My New Braunfels Home?
Cockroaches are sneaky pests, which has is why you might not see them right away. Instead, you will probably see the damage and other signs of a cockroach infestation, such as smear marks, egg capsules, dead skin and carcasses, and a musty odor. Cockroaches can also leave behind waste, which looks like ground black pepper, and you might notice chew marks on food packaging, furniture, books, and clothing.
If you see any signs of a cockroach infestation in your home, you should not hesitate to take care of them as they will only cause more damage and can even lead to health problems.
Why Is It So Bad To Have Cockroaches In My New Braunfels Home?
When cockroaches get into a home, they not only pose many health risks but can also cause damage. These problems can include:
- Transmitting diseases like cholera, dysentery, listeriosis, E. coli, giardia, typhoid fever, salmonellosis, and gastroenteritis
- Contaminating surfaces, food, and personal hygiene products with saliva, urine, and feces
- Damaging furniture, carpets, clothing, and other items
Can I Get Rid Of Roaches In My New Braunfels House On My Own?
Cockroaches are formidable pests. They are known for being extremely difficult to eliminate for the following reasons:
- Quick and continual reproduction rates and because female cockroaches carry their eggs, they can keep them out of danger.
- They can survive on just about anything, including sweets, furniture, glue, and waste. They can also live for up to a month without food, a week without water, and a week without their head.
- Cockroaches are adaptable, meaning they can survive under many different conditions.
- Sugar baits were once an effective control method, but cockroaches have learned to avoid them.
- They also have a strong immune system, which has allowed them to become more resistant to traditional pesticides continuously.
Because of their resistance to traditional pesticides, store-bought products may not effectively eliminate this pest. Trying to get rid of cockroaches on your own will only lead to more stress and money spent. If you don’t currently have an active infestation, you can utilize prevention techniques.
How Can I Prevent Future Cockroach Infestations In My Home?
If you don’t cuttingly have an active infestation or want to keep one from happening again, you can use these prevention tips provided by pest control experts:
- Keep open dry goods stored in airtight containers and produce in refrigerators.
- Use garbage cans with tight-fitting lids on both the interior and exterior of your home.
- Regularly clean eating areas to remove food debris and deep clean under heavy appliances and inside cupboards when possible.
- Keep your home decluttered and organized.
- Seal any cracks in the foundation and exterior walls, install covers on vents and drains, and make sure all screens on doors and windows aren’t damaged.
- Address leaks and other moisture problems by making repairs, removing water-damaged wood, and using dehumidifiers.
For total cockroach control in your New Braunfels home, contact the experts at Gold Star Exterminators. We have the tools and knowledge needed to get rid of cockroaches quickly, keeping you and your family safe. At Gold Star Exterminators, we know the cockroach facts and how to keep this pest away for good.