How To Keep Ants Away From Your New Braunfels Property
March 05, 2022
New Braunfels, Texas, is a charming town between Austin and San Antonio. Whether you are looking to throw your fishing line into the Guadalupe River or feel like strolling down the city's German-inspired streets, its small-town vibe is sure to make you a frequent visitor. One persistent insect that continually visits properties in the area is the common ant, and its regular trips to properties make pest control in New Braunfels indispensable.
The Types Of Ants That Invade Properties
No matter how well you take care of your property, you are bound to have a battle with ants. They come at you from all directions and always seem to find their way into properties; therefore, property owners should be aware of the various ants in New Braunfels.
Five ant species that commonly invade properties include the following:
- Acrobat ants tend to be on the small side, measuring around 1/8 inches; however, their queens get as large as 3/8 inches. They are generally light brown to black.
- Leafcutting ants can be as small as 1/16 inches but can grow as large as ½ inches. They tend to be rusty brown/dull dark brown (its abdomen usually is paler than its body).
- Pharoah ants measure around 1/16 inches. They are ordinarily pale and can range from yellowish to reddish; their abdomens are darker, even black.
- Fire ants measure between 1/8 to 3/8 inches. They are usually a reddish-brown color.
- Carpenter ants are on the large side, measuring between ½ to 5/8 inches. They are typically black, but different varieties are known to be brown, red, or a combination of red/black.
The Problems Ant Infestations Can Create On Your Property
Ants bring various problems to the New Braunfels area; therefore, dependable pest control is vital. They can be bothersome and ruin foliage; others contaminate and spread disease, are hazards to your health, and create dangers around your property. With "ant issues" being so varied, property owners are wise to stay informed.
Problems local ants bring to properties include the following:
- Acrobat ants can bite when threatened, give off a nasty odor when disturbed, and often strip insulation from wires.
- Leafcutting ants defoliate plants, leaves, and flowers. A worker's jaws can draw blood when biting.
- Pharaoh ants prefer properties that handle food. Experts believe they spread over a dozen different diseases.
- Fire ants sting when their nests are disturbed. Those who are allergic are susceptible to severe adverse reactions.
- Carpenter ants excavate wood which can cause structural damage over time. Bites are painful and can burn.
Five Environmentally-Friendly Ant Prevention Tips
Property owners are not without resources when it comes to fighting ants. For effective ant control, basic environmentally-friendly precautions can help keep them away.
Five environmentally-friendly steps for ant control in New Braunfels include:
- Trim tree limbs; remove yard debris.
- Seal gaps/cracks around foundations and rooflines.
- Fix leaks indoors and remove standing water on the property.
- Clean up food, crumbs, and spills immediately (especially in areas where people eat).
- Keep garbage (inside and outside) in bins with tight-fitting lids.
The Most Effective Ant Control For Your Property
Ant Control in New Braunfels is most effective when you have expert ant removal specialists like Gold Star Exterminators on speed dial. Ant nests are notoriously difficult to find and remove, but our pest professionals know just how to handle these tiny nuisances and provide you with effective ant control treatments. Our family-owned pest company has been serving New Braunfels and the surrounding area since 1992. Call Gold Star Exterminators today for dependable pest control and put our excellent pest professionals to the test. Get your free estimate and gold star guarantee today.