Why Do I Have Bed Bugs In My New Braunfels Home?
October 15, 2021
What is something you need at night to get a good night's rest? Most people have a personal pillow or sleeping attire that helps them stay comfortable. One thing that does not help people stay comfortable at night is bed bugs. When these common New Braunfels pests invade homes, they bring trouble and sleepless nights with them. Here is how to identify bed bugs around your New Braunfels home and how to remove bed bugs if they get indoors.
Does Bed Bugs In My New Braunfels Home Mean It's Dirty?
One question on many people's minds is where do bed bugs live? Do these pests only invade dirty homes, or is there something more important that draws them in. It turns out; bed bugs do not care if your home is cluttered or spotless. The only thing that matters to these pests is that you or someone else is sleeping indoors regularly. This way, they can crawl into beds and consume blood on a regular basis.
Do Bed Bugs In New Braunfels Travel On Clothes?
It is normal to wonder where do bed bugs come from and can bed bugs live in clothes. Thankfully, these pests are not like fleas and lice and do not feel comfortable riding on people's clothing while the person is walking around. They will, however, climb into piles of dirty or used clothing to get around. Bed bugs will also hitchhike rides on items like backpacks, furniture, luggage, and electronics. What draws these pests to these items is residual carbon dioxide and heat, which is how bed bugs identify what items have been carried recently by humans.
What Are Some Bed Bug Control Tips For My New Braunfels Home?
If you are trying to learn how to detect bed bugs and stop them before they break into your New Braunfels home, you are in the right place. Here is a detailed list of prevention tips to help you keep these pests out of your living areas.
- When traveling, thoroughly check the rooms you plan to stay in for signs of bed bugs before settling in. If you find anything concerning, change rooms or buildings altogether.
- Before traveling home from vacation or a work trip, store all your used clothing inside an airtight bag. Wash this clothing on high heat immediately after returning home.
- When shopping at a secondhand shop, check furniture, clothing, and other items for live bed bugs or the signs they leave behind before making a purchase.
- Do not leave any of your luggage or other items on the ground in public for more than 20 minutes; this is how long it takes for bed bugs to crawl over and hitch a ride.
- Teach your family and friends about what bed bugs look like so that they can identify them themselves and avoid bringing them into your home.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your New Braunfels Home Fast!
If you suspect bed bugs are taking bites out of you at night and are looking for how to get rid of bed bugs, look no further than the professional bed bug control at Gold Star Exterminators. We offer quality pest control to kill bed bugs designed to find these pests in every corner of your house they might be hiding. If you don't know if your home needs bed bug control, let our team perform a detailed inspection first.
Call today to learn more about our detailed bed bug inspection for your New Braunfels home and schedule a visit from us today!