Pest Control In Staples, TX
Overlooking the San Marcos River Valley, Staples, Texas, is full of rolling fields and greenery that would tempt anyone to live here – including rodents, insects, and other pests.
Fortunately, at Gold Star Exterminators, we can drive any pests you may have away from your Staples home. Here's what local residents should know about our home pest control, what commercial properties we treat, how to prevent scorpions, and how Guadalupe County pest control can help you get rid of fleas.
Residential Pest Control In Staples
Offering both one-time services and ongoing treatments, we customize our residential pest control treatments to meet the needs of your Staples home. Our residential services include a multi-part process, regardless of which treatment plan you go with:
- A free, no-obligation quote (which may include scheduling an appointment so we can accurately assess the extent of your infestation)
- A thorough inspection of your home's interior and exterior
- Treatment of the exterior of your home and property
- Treatment of the interior of your home
- Follow-up services to ensure you don't have to worry about your pests coming back
Keep in mind that our recurring services always come with a 60-day warranty, while our one-time services come with a 30-day guarantee. Our goal isn't just to eliminate your existing pests – we also want to make sure your pests don't make a return appearance once we've treated your home.
Commercial Pest Control In Staples
Your commercial property is just as much at risk for a pest infestation as your Staples home is. At Gold Star Exterminators, we've got more than forty years of experience working with commercial pest control in Staples and the surrounding areas.
We understand every infestation is different, which is why we customize our treatment plans for each unique commercial property. Some of the most common facilities that we serve in Staples include:
- Office spaces and buildings
- Medical complexes and facilities
- Property management
Call the pros at Gold Star Exterminators today to find out more about our commercial offerings.
The Trick To Keeping Scorpions Off Your Staples Property
Scorpions are crafty pests, and they'll take any opportunity to get inside your home. If they're hanging around your property, it's not uncommon to find scorpions burrowing in holes, foliage, or under rocks. Gardens are another popular spot because dense bushes and large stones give scorpions abundant hiding spots and shaded areas.
Scorpions also don't mind taking up residence in firewood stacks or hiding under yard debris until they find somewhere better. Here are some ways you can prevent scorpions around your home or property:
- Keep bushes trimmed, and don't allow foliage to build up or become too dense.
- Get rid of any loose objects in your yard, including toys, furniture, or other debris.
- Keep your potted plants off the ground.
- Make sure any yard debris is as far away from your actual home as possible.
- Get rid of firewood stacks or keep the pile far away from your home.
- Eliminate areas with standing water, and fix any water leaks since moisture can attract scorpions.
- Seal common entry points that scorpions may use for getting inside.
It's especially crucial to address any moisture problems your home may have. Leaky sprinkler systems or pipes are a big attraction for a lot of pests, but especially for scorpions.
However, the real trick to keeping scorpions away in Texas is working with the pros at Gold Star Exterminators.
How Fleas In Your Staples Home May Be Worse Than You Think
Flea infestations may be a hassle, but are fleas dangerous? Unfortunately, fleas can pose dangerous health risks to both people and pets. For pets, fleas can be troublesome for a couple of reasons.
Not only can they cause allergic reactions in many animals that lead to excessive scratching and hair loss, but some fleas can also have tapeworms. If your pet accidentally eats a flea, they could end up with a tapeworm. In other cases, severe flea infestations can even make smaller animals, like puppies and kittens, become anemic.
Fleas may not use people as hosts, but they can still bite you and spread disease. Not all fleas are carriers, but these pests can potentially spread cat scratch fever and the plague to humans.
If you suspect fleas in your Staples home or an infestation of them on your property, there's only one thing to do – contact us today at Gold Star Exterminators to learn more about our flea control services.