The Best Termite Protection For New Braunfels Properties
December 20, 2021
Don’t assume that if insects and creatures are around your New Braunfels home or business, you’ll see them. Many are too small or sneaky to catch right away. Termites and other wood-destroying pests usually crawl about on the inside of foundations or within the soil. By the time you encounter evidence of termite damage, the situation may be severe.
Termite treatments and prevention products cost Americans five billion dollars as a whole every year. Support isn’t likely to be offered by insurance companies. Thus, learning more about how these insects operate is a must. Find out how to identify signs of termites inside your house and what Gold Star Exterminators can do to assist you.
How To Identify Termites In New Braunfels
Workers, soldiers, and swarmers will be the parts of a termite colony on your New Braunfels property. There’s some physical variation between each subspecies. Workers that are 0.12 of an inch long and white or grayish-white are dominant in this area. Yellow-brown soldiers stay ready to defend with their fat mandibles and rectangular heads. Swarmers are ½ of an inch long. Concerning shade, the winged pests are brown, black, or yellow.
When nests are fully developed and have plenty of active termites, these insects will begin mating for future colonies. Swarmers find lights alluring; there's an infestation if you see them by fixtures, windows, or anywhere. Additional signs of termites inside your house are:
- Finding the shed wings of swarmers
- Discovering quantities of fecal frass near the openings, mud tubes, and maze patterns of termites
- Walls that sound hollow
- Hearing soft sounds from behind structures
- Having paint that is chipping and swelling up
- Discolored or flaccid drywall
- Tiles falling apart and squeaking floorboards
- Tight-fitting doors and window frames
The Dangers Of Termite Damage On Your New Braunfels Property
Nutrients that help plants and trees flourish are circulated into the ground when termites destroy wood. From a nutritional standpoint, some cultures eat these bugs as a delicacy. These positives don’t change the fact that they’re dangerous. The walls and bases of your domicile or establishment can fold with active termites present. Human injury is a genuine possibility; so are allergic reactions. Disease transmission is not a concern. Trying to rebuild after the insects have entered is an expensive process. The same goes for relocating temporarily or permanently.
Are Annual Termite Inspections In New Braunfels Necessary?
Having annual termite inspections done by Gold Star Exterminators is highly recommended. Remember that these pests move fast and insidiously. The sooner you get wind or ahead of a termite colony on your New Braunfels property, the better.
Effective Termite Control For New Braunfels Properties
To reduce your chances of a termite invasion, you have to maintain preventative protocols. You can’t let up on them at any point in the year. Evidence of termite damage can’t be the initiative to act. Take the following precautions:
- Discard or replace wood that is rotten or damaged.
- Fix moisture malfunctions and leaks right away; start with those impacting wood.
- Close gaps in utility lines, foundations, and caulk.
- Put screens on all doors that face the outside.
- Flush out gutters and vents on a routine basis.
- Place plants and wood stacks two feet away from the property.
- Keep free wood, like fire logs, off of the soil.
- Cut the grass and trim the greenery regularly.
- Have Gold Star Exterminators perform annual inspections.
Don’t bother with commercial termite goods. Not only will these avenues hurt your budget, but they also won’t reach the core of an infestation. They could be toxic too. At Gold Star Exterminators, we have advanced termite treatments that are safe. Our certified technicians can employ foaming injections, pre-construction soil applications, and more. Guarantees are available. Call us today!