Dependable Hays County Pest Control Services
Located in Central Texas between Austin and San Antonio, the city of San Marcos, TX, is a great place to live, work, and play. We have a multicultural heritage spanning a population of more than 65,000 people. If there's one thing we're sure of, the more people there are in a city, the higher the exposure to pest infestations. Unfortunately, if you own property in San Marcos, you are vulnerable to common area pest infestations, and it's a good idea to secure pest protection from the pest experts.
Welcome to Gold Star Exterminators, your local source for quality pest solutions. Since 1992, our family owned, and operated company has been protecting San Marcos homes and businesses from the dangers of pest infestations. Our company mission involves the following:
- To Serve - We go above and beyond, serving our team members and our community with positive pest solutions that make a difference.
- To Grow - With opportunities for growth, we benefit individuals, our business, and our clients with strong, spirited pest experts who are improving every day.
- To Deliver - We think like our customers, and we take ownership of our works. Our team provides the highest quality service in a timely manner and at a reasonable price.
If you're looking for dependable Hays County pest control that works, you can count on us. Contact us today to speak to one of our pest experts about your residential and commercial pest control needs. We're here to help.
Residential Pest Control In San Marcos, TX
Protecting your San Marcos home from household infestations isn't always easy, and that's why we're here to help you. We've serviced over 2,200 homes with trustworthy residential pest solutions that last. Along with our general pest control solutions, we offer additional services:
- Bed bug treatments
- Bee and wasp elimination
- Carcass removal
- Trapping carpenter ant treatments
- Carpet beetle treatments
- Chigger treatments
- Cricket treatments
- Cut ant treatments
- Fire ant top choice treatments
- Fire ant power spray treatments or granular treatments
- Flea and tick treatments
- Commercial fly services
- Fly lights and fly treatments, including traps
- Grub treatments
- Lawn treatments
- Mosquito fogging
- Mosquito In2Care unit installation and maintenance
- Roach treatments and roach fogging
- Rodent services
- Tawny crazy ant treatment
- Tree services
- Ant bait stations
- Termite inspections
- Weep hole plug installation
Whether you're looking for a one-time service or recurring treatments, we're here to help. We also provide one-time green services and monthly green services. Call us to get your complimentary service quote.
Commercial Pest Control In San Marcos, TX
Here at Gold Star Exterminators, our commercial pest solutions in San Marcos have protected all kinds of properties from pest infestations. Some of the properties we've worked with include restaurants, office spaces, medical complexes, daycares, warehouses, and property management.
Our process starts with a thorough inspection of the facility to detect conducive conditions, entry points, and pest activity. Then, we offer you a detailed quote for our recommended commercial services based on the findings of our inspection. From there, we develop customizable treatments to meet the needs of your business. Some of our treatments include liquid barrier treatments, spot treatment, granular baits, and many others. Reach out to us to get started, and we will set up your initial inspection right away.
San Marcos, TX Homeowner's Guide To Avoiding Bed Bugs
Bed bugs emerge at night to feed on human blood while we're sleeping. It's upsetting to think about this kind of intrusion, but it's possible here in Texas, and it's important to address your bed bug control needs. Bed bug prevention is crucial, which is why you should consider ways to be proactive. Here's a quick guide to avoiding bed bugs in your San Marcos home:
- Check all items for bed bugs before bringing them into your home.
- Reduce clutter around the house as bed bugs love to hide in the cracks and crevices of your stuff.
- Steam clean and vacuum upholstery, curtains, couch cushions, etc.
- Use mattress and box spring encasements to prevent any bed bugs from getting in or out.
- Wash and dry all linens, bedding, and clothing on high heat.
Your best protection against bed bug activity is year-round coverage from pest experts. The professionals at Gold Star Exterminators offer comprehensive bed bug control solutions that you can depend on. Give us a call today to keep those bed bugs away.
Three Things Everyone In San Marcos, TX Ought To Know About Rodents
Rodents come into our homes and businesses looking for refuge and shelter. Sometimes, damage from heavy winds and rain destroys their natural nesting areas, and they have to seek higher ground where they can escape the water. Your property is the perfect solution for them. As a property owner, you should familiarize yourself with these pests. Here are three things everyone in San Marcos ought to know about rodents:
- Rodents can carry a long list of diseases and ailments that can be easily transmitted to humans in several ways. Not only can rodents cause infections and illnesses, but they also contaminate the premises with feces and urine, exposing you to disease.
- Rodents gain entry into your structure through the attic, the roof, the foundation, the basement, walls, and crawl spaces. They are notorious for chewing through siding, sheetrock, boxes, and other structural materials that can cause damage to your home or business.
- Rodents also gnaw on electrical wiring in and around your property. This activity increases the risk of fires, putting your property and everyone inside at risk.
If you're looking for dependable protection from a rodent infestation, look no further than the pros at Gold Star Exterminators. We have a lot of experience in treating rodent activity, and we bring you guaranteed results you can feel good about. Reach out today to learn more about our rodent control services in San Marcos.
Professional Pest Control In San Marcos, TX
Nestled in the heart of Texas, the city of San Marcos is known for its signature home state pride. The city is home to iconic attractions like the LBJ Museum, Texas State University, and Rio Vista Park. With both cozy neighborhoods and sprawling developments as well as being convenient to San Antonio and Austin, there is something for everyone in San Marcos. Unfortunately, locals are very well versed in the pest problems that can develop here, which is why Gold Star Exterminators is here to help.
Our Hays County pest control is built to last. With three decades of experience, we remain up-to-date on all of the latest technologies and aspire to exceed your expectations. We are a team that is driven by our values, including always acting with integrity, providing the highest quality of service, being professional, and working with our community to find the solutions that they need. To learn more about the ways professional pest control can protect your property, contact us today.
What The Experts Have To Say About Tick Control In San Marcos, TX
When it comes to keeping yourself safe from the ticks in San Marcos, here are some tips that the experts have to share with you:
- If you have dogs and cats, consider speaking with your veterinarian about year-round tick control. Household pets are one of the most common sources for the spread of these parasites, and working with a healthcare professional can help protect the health of your pets and everyone in your house.
- After spending any amount of time outside in areas of tall grass, make sure you perform a thorough tick check, paying special attention to the areas behind your knees, underneath your armpits, and in your hair.
- To prevent a tick population on your property, try mowing your lawn routinely to its ideal length; remove things like leave piles, tree branches, and shrub trimmings; and stack your wood piles neatly and be sure that they’re dry.
- The most secure way to keep your property free from ticks is with professional tick control that is applied on a seasonal basis.
When you enlist the professional assistance of Gold Star Exterminators for seasonal tick control, we will work to remove any present tick populations while also preventing new ones from developing. Our misting protocol is applied on a monthly basis during prime tick season and is guaranteed to work. For more information on our tick protection services, contact us today.
The Most Effective Guide To Rodent Control In San Marcos, TX
Rodents like mice and rats aim to get inside your San Marcos property in search of food, water, and shelter when the elements outdoors change. Once inside, they chew through everything in your home, leave behind diseases and viruses, and reproduce at alarmingly fast rates. Here are a few quick tips to keep them off of your property:
- Fill cracks, crevices, holes, and openings with rodent-proof materials like caulk, sheet metal, and wire mesh.
- Keep your food and trash stored securely and always with a lid.
- Aim to clean your house regularly and always tend to spills, no matter if they’re of food items or things like shampoos and soaps.
- Make sure that crawl spaces, attics, and basements are well ventilated.
When it comes to rodent infestations in San Marcos, always turn to the professionals at Gold Star Exterminators. Contact us today for more information on keeping your property rodent-free.
The Dangers Cockroaches Bring To Your San Marcos Home
If you’ve ever seen a cockroach scurry across the kitchen floor in your San Marcos home and have been frightened, it’s with good reason. Cockroaches leave behind shed body parts, feces, and saliva that can spread bacteria that lead to salmonellosis, streptococcus, E. coli infections, and other illnesses. These byproducts can also irritate allergies as well as asthma attacks in certain individuals. The dangers that cockroaches bring into your home are only amplified by the difficult nature of eradicating them.
Not only do cockroaches live out of sight of homeowners, but their infestations are also often much larger than they might appear to you. To make matters worse, the German cockroach is developing an immunity to many over-the-counter pesticides. With professional cockroach control from Gold Star Exterminators, you don’t have to worry about the dangerous threats that these pests can pose. With either a one-time service call or ongoing maintenance, we will rid your home of cockroaches. To learn more about these services, contact us today.
What Smells Do San Marcos Mosquitoes Hate?
Mosquitoes are one of the most pervasive pests for residents of San Marcos between the months of April and October. They buzz around in search of the human blood that they require in order to reproduce. There are, however, certain scents that are said to repel mosquitoes. In particular, members of the linalool compound family are of note. These include basil, cilantro, rosemary, thyme, and lavender. Some of the other scents that can be a deterrent to mosquitoes are catnip, eucalyptus, citronella, clove, and garlic.
At Gold Star Exterminators, it’s our mission to bring residents reliable mosquito control so that they can start enjoying their properties again. Our process starts with a perimeter inspection to identify breeding grounds, standing water, and harborage areas. Once we’ve gathered our findings, we begin treating. The primary method that we turn to is the In2Care System for ongoing coverage; however, we also provide property owners with one-time fogging services for special occasions. To learn more about the benefits of mosquito control, contact us today.