Why You Should Call The Pros About Mice In Your New Braunfels Home
March 15, 2022
New Braunfels, Texas, is full of Old World heritage. The Gruene Historic District is full of things to do. You may enjoy taking a tour of downtown, which is ripe with German history. Upon completing your stroll, you might enjoy dinner at the Gristmill (an old cotton gin constructed in 1878). You can then round out your night by enjoying live music and practicing your two-step at the Gruene. Old World heritage also comes with some Old World pests, making pest control in New Braunfels necessary.
How To Identify A Mouse Infestation In Your Home
Mice are small rodents that can squeeze through tiny spaces; they often enter homes undetected. They tend to seek out quiet, out-of-the-way locations to set up their nests, so it can be a while before homeowners start seeing signs of a problem. Since mice cannot hide their presence in your house for long, homeowners who know what signs of an infestation look like can get a jump start on having them removed.
Nine indications that you have an infestation in your home include:
- Oily rub marks along walls
- Gnaw marks (either rough or smooth)
- Mice poop with pointed ends and measuring around 1/8 to ¼ inches long
- Ruined insulation
- Unpleasant odors permeating your home
- Damage (chewing) to packages of food
- Tracks (4-toed on the front and 5-toed on the back)
- Runways (a pattern of visible footprints, droppings, and rub marks in the same area)
- A mouse body (dead or alive)
Discovering signs of a mouse infestation in your home can be disconcerting. Upon recognizing signs of an infestation, homeowners should contact pest removal specialists like Gold Star Exterminators. Armed with the latest and most effective products, our company can clear up infestations safely and efficiently.
You Don’t Have To Touch Mice For Them To Be Dangerous
Many people are under the false impression that the diseases mice carry can only be transferred to people when they handle them. That assumption is incorrect. Mice in New Braunfels can be dangerous in many other ways.
Five ways diseases mice carry can be dangerous to humans without being touched includes the following:
- They carry other pests into your home that can affect your health, such as ticks, mites, fleas, and lice.
- Their urine can cause allergies in children.
- Mouse droppings carry bacteria. Dust from droppings can aggravate asthmatics and those with allergies.
- Mice poop is associated with the spread of salmonella.
- Mice will contaminate food/food surfaces.
Since there are multiple ways that mice can bring diseases into your home, it is essential to have a pest company like Gold Star Exterminators at your disposal. We have the tools and experience needed to remove mice safely and effectively.
The Pros To Call About Mice In Your Home
New Braunfels homeowners are sure to come across mice in their homes at some point. The best way to remove them safely is with the help of the pest control professionals at Gold Star Exterminators. Our company has extensive training and over 40 years of experience eliminating invasive pests from area homes. Whether you need a one-time service call or recurring services, we offer plans that will meet your individual needs at an affordable price. Call Gold Star Exterminators today for your free estimate and exceptional customer service.