Are You Struggling With Bed Bug Treatments In New Braunfels?
August 10, 2022
Waking up and seeing bites on your arms, legs, and back is alarming. The thought of being bitten while resting in your bed is unsettling. Going to sleep is supposed to be peaceful and a time to relax; it should not be a time to be anxious about what might be crawling over you.
If you suspect you have bed bugs, now is the time to take action! You need the best pest control in New Braunfels Gold Star Exterminators to come to your rescue. We will eliminate the bed bugs so you can relax and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Three Bed Bug Facts Everyone Ought To Know
Myth and mystery surround beg bugs. These are three facts about bed bugs you need to know:
- Bed bugs do not transmit disease. The bite of a bed bug creates an itchy red spot, but they are not known to transmit disease. However, bites from bed bugs may trigger an allergic reaction in small children and those with compromised immune systems.
- Bed bugs are not a sign of a filthy home. Bed bugs live wherever they can find warmth and blood. They do not live on crumbs, rotten food, or anything associated with a dirty house.
- Bed bugs are hitchhikers. Bed bugs take rides in folds of clothing, used furniture, shoes, luggage, and anywhere available. Bed bugs usually transfer from one location to another at hotels, theatres, and public transportation due to the greater volume of people packed into a confined space.
Why Are Bed Bugs So Hard To Treat
The following are some reasons it is difficult to treat bed bugs:
- Finding bed bugs eggs for bed bug control is difficult due to their almost microscopic size.
- Killing bed bugs requires high heat, freezing temperatures, and effective chemical treatment.
- Living spaces for bed bugs range from electrical outlets to bedding, furniture, and clothing.
- Mating and reproduction of bed bugs are fast and frequent and result in an infestation in a short time.
Although our experts at Gold Star Exterminators will destroy beg bugs and their eggs in your New Braunfels home, it is no easy task. For the homeowner, the elimination of bed bugs is almost impossible.
Bed Bug Prevention Tips You Should Be Utilizing Daily
If you travel, go to the movies, or use public transportation, there is a chance you can pick up a few hitchhiking bed bugs. These prevention tips will help ensure they don't get a foothold in your home:
- Inspect mattress seams and behind headboards when traveling for signs of reddish-brown bed bug fecal matter. As a precaution, examine these areas at your home regularly.
- Examine second-hand furniture for bed bug fecal stains before bringing them inside your home.
- Vacuum the floors regularly as well as cracks and crevices.
- Wear pajamas to bed to minimize the risk of bites. Bed bugs do not burrow under clothing. Keeping the skin covered as much as possible minimizes your chances of becoming a host.
Do I Really Need Professional Bed Bug Control?
It is difficult to get rid of bed bugs. In a recent survey by the National Pest Management Association, 76% of pest control professionals ranked bed bugs as the most difficult pest to eradicate. Bed bugs can squeeze into a space no wider than a credit card and stay in various locations near the host.
The only way to get rid of bed bugs fast is to use our licensed professionals at Gold Star Exterminators. We know where to apply treatments that destroy bed bug eggs and nymphs. Reach out to us today, and we will solve your bed bug problem.