How To Get Rid Of Black Widow Spiders On Your New Braunfels Property
December 10, 2021
Black widow spiders are some of the most well-known and feared spiders in the New Braunfels area. In order to get rid of spiders that may be invading your property, you should engage in spider prevention and invest in professional spider control.
How To Tell If It's Black Widow Spiders On Your New Braunfels Property
Proper identification of spiders is essential in determining if there are black widow spiders on your property or not. There are several spiders that look like black widows but aren't – you need to know the difference in order to use the correct spider treatment.
Spiders that look like black widows but aren't are sometimes referred to as "false widows." These spiders include the following species and are all shades of dark brown and black with similarly shaped rounded bodies:
- Domestic house spider
- Brown widow spiders
- Red widows
- False black widows
A true black widow spider will have a small, shiny black body that is quite bulbous and approximately the shape of a half-dollar coin. It will have a bright red or orange hourglass marking on its abdomen and prefers to keep to itself in an irregularly shaped sticky web. Favorite hiding places of black widow spiders include protected areas like woodpiles or the underside of lawn furniture.
How Dangerous Are Black Widow Spiders In New Braunfels?
Black widow spiders are one of only a few medically dangerous species found in the New Braunfels area. In fact, the black widow spider is considered one of the most dangerous spiders in the U.S. A bite from a black widow can result in the following symptoms, some of which can be fatal to the elderly, the immunocompromised, or children:
- Difficulty breathing
- Itchiness or rash
- Severe abdominal pain or cramping
- Muscles pain or stiffness
- Excessive sweating
- Swollen eyelids
- Weakness, tremors, or an inability to move your legs
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Black Widow Spiders In New Braunfels
Black widows around your property can understandably be a major issue for New Braunfels homeowners. To get rid of spiders that may be setting up shop, you should invest in ongoing professional pest control. The experts at Gold Star Exterminators can help you understand how to get rid of black widow spiders by providing protection and using targeted, safe solutions to remove infestations of these spiders from your property.
Allow the professionals to take care of your spider problem and ensure that the individuals on your property stay safe from these troublesome pests.
Natural Spider Prevention Tips For New Braunfels Properties
Another important step in learning how to get rid of black widow spiders is taking the time to implement natural spider prevention steps. The steps below can deter all kinds of spiders from living around your home.
- Make an effort to treat any major pest prey infestation around your house. Insects like ants, flies, and cockroaches can bring in black widow spiders in pursuit of food.
- Keep your yard clear of debris like fallen branches and clean outdoor furniture often. Store all woodpiles at least twenty feet away from your house and on an elevated surface to make your yard less hospitable to these pests.
- Declutter your home often and sweep away any spider webs you see. Always use gloves and wear long pants and long-sleeved clothing when moving items out of basements, garages, and attics to prevent accidental bites.