Signs That Your New Braunfels Business Needs Commercial Pest Control
March 20, 2022
Strolling down the tree-lined avenues surrounding the town square in New Braunfels, Texas, is relaxing and enjoyable. As you expand outwards from the city center, you will run into a bustling place that offers boutiques, cafes and coffee shops, restaurants, bakeries, and farmers markets. Businesses are thriving. Since businesses live and die by their reputation, New Braunfels business owners need to know what kind of pesky invaders cost them money or even close their doors for good.
The Pests That Invade New Braunfels Businesses
Starting a business and keeping it running is not for the faint of heart. After investing hard-earned cash (and sometimes draining your bank account), “hiccups” can stress you out. Being invaded by local pests is an unexpected “hiccup” most business owners overlook. Invading pests adds a whole new level of stress to an already tricky profession; therefore, business owners are wise to know which invaders are in their area.
Four common pests in the New Braunfels area that invade businesses are as follows:
All The Ways Pests Can Damage A New Braunfels Business
Depending on the invader, various difficulties can plague your company. Commercial pest control problems will damage buildings, spoil products, scare off customers, and even close your doors. Being aware of how local pests can hurt your business is vital.
Issues caused by common pests in the New Braunfels area include:
- Ants: These insects contaminate surfaces and food. Some species can damage wood and often indicate moisture problems; others sting customers, especially if you offer outdoor activities.
- Termites: These pests pose significant dangers to your building. These busy pests munch on flooring, wood framing, wallpaper, and even structural beams. Over time, they can cause significant weakness to the structure of your building.
- Cockroaches: These critters wallow in filth and contaminate food prep areas and food supplies. They spread about 33 different kinds of bacteria, six types of parasitic worms, and at least seven different types of human pathogens.
- Rodents: These pests damage wood, wiring (if bad enough, they can cause fires), and even insulation with their gnawing. They ruin stored items, contaminate packaged products, and transport other pests into your building. They also transport many health issues into your facility.
Pest Prevention Tips For New Braunfels Businesses
For the most part, pests are happy to live outdoors, but they all need three things to be satisfied. Shelter, moisture, and food are necessities, and if your business accommodates any of their needs, you are issuing an open invitation for invasion. Setting up some preventive measures can help keep your business pest-free.
Five tips for preventing pest invasions include the following:
- Seal cracks, crevices, gaps, and holes around the outside of your business.
- Check and seal any gaps around any pipes, wires, and cables coming into your business.
- Use dehumidifiers in any areas that are humid and high moisture areas.
- Repair any water leaks.
- Clean food crumbs and spills immediately; keep all food/food prep areas clean.
How To Make Sure Pests Stay Away From Your New Braunfels Business
The only way to ensure your business stays pest-free is by using quality pest control solutions from Gold Star Exterminators. Because your business has unique needs, we fully customize our treatment plans to eliminate your commercial pest control problems. Serving New Braunfels since 1992, our staff stays current on pest control products, and our prompt service packages are reasonably priced. Call Gold star Exterminators today for quality pest control services.